As the source is towed, all the surrounding receivers are active, which enables us to record data from all azimuths. Full-azimuth 3D EM data acquisition has major benefits over 2D methods, including:
- Increased data coverage and density
- Improved spatial and depth resolution
- Improved reservoir delineation and greater confidence in small-magnitude anomalies
- Reduced risk of missing small targets
- Datasets suitable for full 3D inversion to enable efficient integration
- Better anisotropy information.